This house, the monument of history and culture, was built in 1877. Between 1919 and 1961 it was the home of three dynasties of Poltoratskyi doctors, whose old family originates from the Zaporozhian cossacks - colonels Semen Paliy and Anton Tanskyi.
At the time, the home of Pavlo Petrovych Poltoratskyi was a cultural hub where well-known public figures, the elite of Chernihiv and Ukraine met. Painter Mykhailo Zhuk, writers Oles’ Dosvitniy and Mykola Khvyliovyi, historian Arkadiy Verzylov, poet Mykola Vorony were among frequent guests. District doctors Rozenel’, Dekhan, Kovalsky and Maslov, colleagues of Poltoratskyi, also visited this house.
In the past, it also stood out thanks to exquisite carvings on the cornices and doors. The porch was decorated with a forged metal pattern, and there was a veranda with carved columns on the courtyard side. There was a park with rare trees, shrubs and flowers all round.
The house remained standing in the stormy times of wars and revolutions, but in the 70's it was burned down and robbed by vandals. According to journalists, now there is no floor and ceiling inside.